Twitter / ryanbecker

Monday, June 23, 2008

..:: The Wilderness ::..

Ryan Becker, June '08

There is a wilderness
where I find myself. Lost.
Unaware of where I go.

There is an obstacle.
Obtrusive. Dejecting. Malign.
Which pollutes the world I know.

It is a fallacious world.
Foreign. Misleading. Abstruse.
Mirage upon mirage.

I fight and climb
to reach higher ground.
But I’m scourged by deceits barrage.

Many battles fought.
Many scars I carry.
Many times I’ve fallen down.

Many answers sought.
Many aspirations - contrary.
Many crosses in the ground.

Alone I walk
battle scarred and bloody
but the blood is not all my own

Cut by the blade,
healed by the sword
and through it all I’ve grown

Still I search for one
whom I know not.
But the promise is to give.

Wearied I progress
down a path of faith.
Towards the point I wish to live.

And the way is narrow.
And the verdancy dense.
And I’m cut by thorn and limb.

And the night is dark.
And the fog is thick.
And the source of light is dim.

But though the path is slick
and the obstacles many.
I have not given up.

I clutch to my staff
and push through the labyrinth.
To drink devotions cup.

And I focus on the day
and I search for the beauty.
That ancient words have prophesied.

And I pray for the one
who will some day free me
from the many tears I’ve cried.

No comments: