Twitter / ryanbecker

Friday, February 1, 2008

..:: blue twilight ::..

As I left work this evening I was mesmerized by the blue twilight hue that saturated the atmosphere in the small town of Whitefish Montana. The luminous lights that line the ski runs of the "Big" Whitefish Mountain Resort burned softly... quietly... under the low-hanging clouds that tried to hide the big mountain from her loyal subjects below. Snow was still falling quietly from the pastel sky and sparkled in the glowing radiance of the parking lot lights as I walked to my car.

Today's accumulation of snow is now sleeping peacefully on the tree branches, rooftops and side streets as I pass through town. The entire world glows sapphire in the vanishing rays of the snow-filtered twilight. It is as if the sky itself has fallen asleep on the floor of the Flathead Valley.

As I drive home I pass by the now frozen waters of the Whitefish River. A family of whitetail deer are exercising their faith and walking on water down stream from the bridge that leads me home. They appear to be searching for food.

As I continue the drive to my house the sun sinks further behind the distant muted horizon and the Flathead Valley retreats further into the blackness of the night.

1 comment:

Garren said...

Holy tranquility Ryan...reading this put me at peace with my inner self and made me want to go take a nap! I do love that time of evening...the lighting...the quiet...the temp changes...